Sunday, April 26, 2009

choosing your wedding colors

One of the most difficult things for me while planning my own wedding, was deciding on the colors.  I agonized over whether to use colors that were trendy, that I loved, or use something that seemed more traditional and timeless, that I liked, but wasn't yet in love with.  In the end I ended up with a color scheme that included mainly silver, coral (not peach!!) and ivory, with touches of pink and green.  I kept other elements in the wedding more timeless, so that the colors could add some fun to the day.


Of course after my wedding I have discovered some wonderful resources for color palette ideas.  The first of which is the blog written by Abby Larson, Style Me Pretty.  Her 'wedding resources' tab houses some amazing inspiration bits that can get any bride's mind buzzing.  Another great place for color palette inspiration is The Perfect Palette.  The best part?  You can e-mail her some colors you are interested in and the mood you would like your wedding to convey, and she will create a custom inspiration board just for you!

Happy wedding planning!

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP